Gentling the Submissive

Gentling the Submissive

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happenings Of Late

I sent my final manuscript in for my dark fantasy erotica book. It should be out at the beginning of the new year. I'm so excited!
I'm working on a paranormal with werewolves right now. It's quite fun and I do love wolves. I bought a book on wolves to devour more information on them. Yes, I know I'm writing about werewolves, but hey, if these guys are half wolf why not make their animal aspect natural to an extent? I mean the pack can't all be alphas. Somebody's got to be the omega, beta, mid ranking wolves, etc. This one might be a harder sell since one of the heroes is well...an antihero with a dark (evil) past. Oh, well. They can't all be perfect, right?
My favorite heroes in books and certain movies were basically antiheroes. Rhett Butler and The Phantom Of The Opera. To me they're perfect - in fiction that is. In real life it might be disturbing being with someone like that, but in fiction it's so intriguing and delightful!
I recently read a spicy version of P.O.T.O. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It has occurred to me how fun it might be to write my own sensual phantom story. Not sure if I would send it in afterward. Of course I would research the crap out of everything, stay true to the characters, but take liberties with the sensuality and (cough) ending. Still, I like to do my own thing and have never written fan fiction before, so it might be best to complete, edit and dissect the heck out of my written specimen before seeing if I'm brave enough to mail it, or click the button and send it. I'm grateful people have written fan fiction on it and would be interested in obtaining more if the characters aren't morbidly distorted from the original. Enhanced is fine and changing the tragic ending is more than fine with me :)
I loved the phantom as a kid, because he kidnapped Christine in the old movie I saw and well, as a kid my sister and I always played we were pretty ladies with gorgeous dresses getting kidnapped by bad guys because we were just so beautiful how could they resist capturing us and forcing us into marriage? Lol I'm not sure if this is a normal childhood thing for girls to play, or if I was just a unique one.
I have seen the play, two or three movies of the Phantom and peeked at the original novel in a book store. I want to read it soon. I mean who in their right mind would write a fan fiction piece without reading the original first? I'm not crazy! I must know every side of the phantom in every media and literature form.
Then when I saw the newest movie made, OMG Gerard Butler is the perfect phantom! He can sing amazing too! I have the soundtrack and the movie. Both are brilliant masterpieces and while Christine has a beautiful voice, why did she walk away from him?!
Anyway, it has occurred to me that this post sounds like I have been doing nothing but living as a raving phantom lunatic lately. I assure you that is not the case. I have also been pregnant. I won't go into it, because I don't know what it is yet, but I call it a he, or fatty, or chubbers on occasion, simply because I don't know what he is yet and I hope he is a chubby baby. Aren't they just the cutest? The laughing, chubby baby with all the rolls and squishies? Oh, yes!
Will talk more later.






3 comments:

  1. Hi! You have a great blog here! I too love Phantom of the Opera (though not as much as you- lol). I also hapoen to love werewolves (that one prolly more than u- lol). I am a writer as well, my first YA paranormal book is due out in Dec.
    It was great to see your blog and 'meet' you! Good thing for bookblogs!
    Cambria
    http://www.theunlockeddiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you on book blogs! Now following. Hope you will do the same.
    Happy Blogging!
    Charla

    http://myopinonmightnotbeyours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for following me! I'm following you too! I love book blogs and have met so many sweet people on there. :)
    Yes, I agree I seem to love Phantom Of The Opera more than is normal. Lol
    Werewolves are great too. My favorite animal that also turns into a hunky man - what's not to love?
    Cambria, congratulations on your book!
    Charla, I saw on your blog you like Lora Leigh. Me too!

    ReplyDelete